Thursday, May 30, 2013

"The Door" - Story Explained

I posted yesterday a story called "The Door" that a wrote back in April of this year. The story was based off of Revelation 3:20-22 that says:
"Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with me. The victor: I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne."
In the story, Damien (who represents Amie's flesh, Satan, and the world) forced his way into Amie's life and home (her heart). Being blind by Damien's tricks, Amie allowed him to take control over her life, leaving the void that she had in her house empty. The man at the door (Jesus Christ) waited patiently until Amie responded and opened the door with her free will. Once the man entered into Amie's home, she was finally able to love, be loved and be at peace. By the man coming in, Amie was able to commune and have access to all of the things that the man had inherited from his father.

The same thing happens when we accept Jesus into our hearts. He comes in, changing inwardly our sinful nature in a gradual process so it can be outwardly expressed by sharing what He has done for us with others. Through Him we receive grace and the ability to share the Good News of Christ to others (Romans 1:5). Through Jesus' victory on the cross, He gives us victory to proclaim His name to others.

That's the point of the story. I hope it makes more sense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment