Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reflections

I think more often than not I get caught up with things that life brings my way. Everything seems to be happening so fast to me, to us, in the moment that it is actually happening; however, when we really think about it, life is really going very slow (well, at least at a pace we can manage). It's been just a little over a year since I've started this blog, and it seems that time has flown past. From going on a short-term missions trip, to balancing life and school, I began to feel that I haven't had time for much of anything else, but that's not the case.

We make time for what and who we love most. Our outward actions reflect our inward desires. Looking back from now to May 2013, I've changed so much, but I have a long way to go. I've had many victories and many defeats, but for whatever reason it may be, God has still been good to me and has blessed me to be here where I am today. Many times I know that I purposely chose to sin, and in those moments I realized how powerful the words are in Matthew 6:24. 
We can't be the slave of two masters. There's no way that can ever happen. 
Moment by moment we chose what we love and who we will serve. In the moment, I've definitely made the wrong decision, decisions that do have consequences - whether now on earth or later in heaven. However, God, in His grace is amazing and gracious enough to forgive us of our sins if we confess our sins to Him (1 John 1:9). 

I have learned a lot over the past year. By God's grace, I'm still here. By His grace, I'll make Him famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment