Monday, August 22, 2016

Change is Inevitable, Yet Necessary

I have had the pleasure of sharing many things with you all throughout my time writing here on this blog. It's always an amazing experience to share some word of encouragement, point of growth and love to all of you that read this site, and I have no plans of changing a thing!



As I've shared before in many posts, I have been looking for a job for some time now. Recently, I was blessed with an amazing job as an Administrative Assistant working at a non-profit organization for children and adults with disabilities. I absolutely love my job and love what I do there. I always prayed for God to open the door for me to have a job where I would be helping to make a difference in the lives of those in need, and I know that this position will allow me to serve God in this capacity. Please just continue to pray for me during this time - so that I won't become so anxious, my back won't cause me any troubles (see last post), and that I will be a great witness for God on my job during this new season of my life. 

By the way, blog posts will continue to come out in the future. You don't have to worry at all about that!

Now, on with the post!!!


We'll all experience change in our lives at some point, whether we like it or not. It may be sudden or something you've been expecting for a long time, but change in our lives can and does cause positive and negative outcomes. 

Change always seems to be inevitable. You may be going from one job to the next, become self-employed, get married or start a family; however, God knows exactly when to bring in those changes into our lives to usher us into a new season of life He'll be guiding us through. 

Although this post seems to come out of nowhere (somewhere, with God's divine wisdom and the aid of the Holy Spirit), I'm reminded of a few words Paul spoke in the Book of Philippians:
"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, bot to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress." - Philippians 4:11-14
These words are a true reminder that God will definitely never leave nor forsake you, even in our most desperate times of need (Hebrews 13:5). I've come to realize only recently that God allows us to be placed in situations - for growth, but also as a means for us to become spiritually stronger. In whatever situation we may find ourselves in, God has placed us in it for an opportunity to glorify Him. Remember, the ultimate end of man is to fear God and keep His commandments (Ecclesiastes 12:13&14). 

Whether we find ourselves in need or having plenty, always remember where your help comes from, the Creator, Lord, and Master of all things.

SDG

See Also:
Everything Has Its Time
3 (Hopeful) Truths for the Overwhelmed

No comments:

Post a Comment