Wednesday, May 17, 2017

It's Okay to be Uncomfortable

We all know that this world is pretty insane. Everyday, it gets harder to live in. With all the turmoil that lies secretly within everyone we meet, a piece of us only wants for a better environment to live in, a better society.

Our only hope lies in God.



Seeing the world in its crazy state can be quite disheartening and can create a sense of discomfort. Our current pains and discomforts are all the reflection of two things: we're broken, fallen people, and we're all in need of a Savior.

If you're feeling discomfort right now, here are three reasons why that's a good thing:

1.Our discomfort produces a desire to want greatness, for ourselves and others. - From the time I was a young girl, I've always enjoyed helping others. Through the smallest of things, I sought to bring a glimpse of happiness to someone's day. When I graduated from college, I had very high hopes for myself to conquer whatever life threw my way. The struggles of finding a job after graduating proved to be depressing and discouraged me from pursuing my passions. Although I may not be where I want to be, I still have a huge longing for change and to make a difference.

You may not see everything you need to pursue your calling right now, but trust me, taking the first step is most important. Everything will work out. It may not seem even remotely like that right now, but it will. One verse that I'm reminded of often is Proverbs 3:5 & 6. The plans that we have for ourselves may not totally work out right now, or even a few month or years from now, but God is willing to be there and guide me in the paths that we should take in life.

2.Being uncomfortable can provide clarity. - During my time between college and finding a job, I was able to explore myself and my passions. College provides education, but everyone really needs time to know and learn what they are passionate about. Now with having a job, I've been able to find clarity and renew my passions. Through things such as taking various on-line courses, reading, and praying, you can find great benefits because you'll begin to learn what are your likes and dislikes. 

The point where we don't know where to start is the exact place God does the miraculous.

Discomfort provides us the great ability to learn without any filters. It is through these times of learning that we can find clarity, guidance and wisdom for the next steps we should take in life. 


3.Discomfort produces a need of dependence. - We all need someone else's help from time to time. Whether we like it or not, being dependent on others can create a community of supporters that will rally around you in your times of weakness.  Build a community of those who will provide support, love and constructive criticism in areas of your life that you're having difficulties. 

But be careful - choose carefully those who you become close to. Flattery can get you a lot of things, and most of those things aren't good. It's better for someone older and much wiser than you to help expose your areas of weakness now, than for someone who doesn't have your best interest in mind to flatter you and leave you in your uncomfortable and confused state (Ecclesiastes 7:5). 

But much greater than having earthly friends that may come and go for various reasons, there is a God that promises to never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). His love for us is greater than any words can describe, and He promises to comfort us in times of hurt, joy, loneliness or sorrow.

4(Extra one for ya) - Our discomfort produces creativity. (Ephesians 2:10) - We were created by God with a purpose, on purpose. As God's workmanship, we have been created in the image of God to glorify God and to do good works. Everything we do is to be done to the glory and honor of God - whether it be writing, singing, art or being a professional athlete. All of our might and our sole purpose is to magnify God, love others, and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

For me, both writing and designing allows me the freedom to worship God with  the talents and gifts He has given me. One thing that has helped tremendously that I just found out about recently is Vectr. Vectr is a free web and application graphics software used to design vector images. Vectr can also be used to design things ranging from resumes, graphics for blogs, and flyers and posters With Vectr, I've been able to make many amazing graphics, even a few of the graphics in this posting. Everything that I do points to how amazing God is and what He means to me, and Vectr is another great means for me to visually design art that glorifies God. I enjoy using Vectr and will definitely be using it in the future. 


Being uncomfortable is almost a given, but what we do when we're uncomfortable is what matters. Strive for success, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally. Allow your discomfort to produce a sense of longing, clarity and creativity that can propel you forward.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment