Wednesday, May 30, 2018

His Glory Alone

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24



May 4, 2013

The day I first published a blog post on The Maze. At that time, it wasn't called The Maze, but went through quite a few name changes trying to find what fit best. I remember one time really close to the beginning (if not at the very start) it was called "Watch Me Live My Life," but I quickly changed that title because it was just too long - I felt that I could get the message across in fewer words.

For me, what's crazy about this year being the fifth birthday of The Maze is that this all started while I was in college, a rising junior in college to be exact. I still had classes and took exams, but through everything, God this talent of writing He's given to be biblically steward and blessed. Growing up, I actually struggled a lot in reading and writing. I mean to the point of falling behind - my mom actually told me a few months ago that back in either kindergarten or first grade, my teachers wanted to hold me back a grade because the felt that I wasn't on grade level with my peers. Through prayers, the hard work of my parents and (sometimes) tears, I've never had to get held back a grade level.

Fast-forward to 2013: A few weeks before I actually started the blog, the idea of starting one kept coming up, in conversation and other ways. By God's conviction and grace, I started writing - I had no idea what to write, but I knew I needed to write! Here's an excerpt from The Maze's very first post:

"What makes me different, unique, strange, and not easily understood to most is God. Point, blank, period. I'm not saying I'm perfect; actually I'm saying the absolute opposite of it. For some reason God blesses this imperfect vessel that He has created to far beyond what I could ever imagine. That's something I'll forever be grateful for.

So, join me in this journey that God has placed me on. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you with everything and support all of what I say with the bible. This journey is definitely going to be bumpy and cause may spiritual bruises, but in the end it WILL be worth it!"

I pray that you continue to be uplifted in your faith, sharing the Gospel to those who are lost. I pray that you'll have discerning minds, recognizing and avoiding false doctrines. Finally, I pray that you will have the unspeakable joy of God's love. I don't know what God will do with these writings, but by faith I pray that He'll give me the courage each day to live my life for His glory and honor alone.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment