Monday, October 19, 2015

How Much More?

I usually get up early in the mornings to go walking outside. There is usually other walkers outside at that time trying to get a good exercise in, so I'm never too worried about being injured or alone (and plus I walk with a walking stick and I have my cellphone with me at all times just in case a crazy dog tries to attack me!).

Yesterday, after a day of rest for a small leg injury I had, I decided to walk again; however, there was a loose dog roaming the neighborhood. The dog was medium-sized, and seemed to have gotten from his owner from down the road. At any rate, this dog was one angry dog - it barked a lot, kept pacing down the road, and overall just seemed like a dangerous dog. Ultimately, I decided not to walk yesterday and stay inside to do a workout that way just to avoid this dog. 


As I was going back inside from talking to my mom before she went to work, I noticed that one of the regular morning walkers was about to walk in the same direction that I knew that this dog was located. Instead of going on about my business, I chose to tell her that there was potential danger ahead of her - anything after that point was up to her, since she now had the knowledge to decide whether to continue in the path that she was going or change directions. 

It was up to her to choose which way to go.






Many of us, including myself, have friends, family members, neighbors, or co-workers that are going down that path that is not only dangerous, but also leads to death (Romans 6:23). Romans 3:23 states: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Our sin separates us from the love of God, preventing us from having a relationship with Him. However, Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. We definitely deserved the punishment of sin, because by nature that's all we know to do. However, Jesus intervened on our behalf, bridging the gap between God and man, allow us access and fellowship with Him.

I guess my question to you now is, how willing are you to share the Gospel of Christ with others? If you know the only way that can save someone's life from danger - an eternity separated from God - knowing that this way has cured and saved your life, would you share it? Would you use it as a means to gain for yourself? Would you only share it to those you like or care about the most? Or, would you go above and beyond to share with any and everyone you could that Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life - no one comes to the Father expect through Him" (John 14:6)? 


I really want you to take some time to think on this, because not only is it very important, but it's life-or-death. If we aren't willing to share the Gospel, who will be? There's more at stake than just our appearances, reputations, or security. The eternal state of many people are one the line, and we must be willing to turn our attention from ourselves and open to share the life-saving Gospel to every nation (Mark 16:15).

 "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, 
Who bring glad tidings of good things!” - Romans 10: 14 &15


References: Biblegateway.com 


SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment