Friday, December 30, 2016

He's Been Faithful



2016 is virtually over! Where has all of the time gone? I remember vividly writing my final reflections to 2015, and yet here I am again faced to review 2016. This year, 2016, has brought so many changes to my life that I can't even express. Personally, I have previously mentioned that God provided me the opportunity to find a good job in my hometown, allowing me to stay at home with my parents until I pay of some more of my loans and continue to build up my savings. Along with great things that come in life, there's also those days and moments that bring you down, reminding you that we as Christians do have an enemy against us that wants us destroyed. I found out that I had PCOS, a condition that causes cysts to develop on my ovaries, causing a hormonal imbalance in my body. So far, with healthy changes, I've been able to manage it, but the mental and emotional effects that daily take its toil on my mind and body can be challenging to overcome. By God's grace, you and I can make it through anything that life and this world could ever bring our way. 

Looking back on the goals that I had in mind and even mentioned here for 2016, I may have only completed about half of them. We all can start things off really well, but if we aren't prepared for whatever ups and downs that can occur, at the first sign of trouble, we'll jump ship. God hasn't called us to be deserters of our calling, and He also hasn't given us a spirit of fear. Who or what have you to be afraid of? 

In and through every aspect of this year, God has been faithful to provide, guide, and sustain me through every circumstance. The Holy Spirit has convicted me of areas that need correction, and has also show me ways in which I could be used more by God. Seasons change, people may fail us, God never changes and He never let's us down. We may not see the outcome or get what we think we want or need when we need it, but God's timing has proven to be beyond impeccable. 

No matter what happens in 2017, God already knows, and He will provided. He has been, is, and always will be faithful.

My Goals for 2017:

  1. Start that small business that I was planning for 2016! - It may not seem like anything major, but I've had a huge burden to write a book and start a writing consultation business. Pray for me, y'all!
  2. Read More: In order to write well, you must read. There's no exceptions to this. My goal is to read at least 10 books on Christian living, and I must admit I did cheat a little by starting a few books early, but I won't be done with them until well into 2017.
  3. Live More: To put it simply, I really don't have a social life - at all. My goal for 2017 is to travel more (Lord willing), and just be open to more things beyond reading and writing and staying at home right after work!
  4. Serve More: There are countless ways that I can be serving God beyond just writing on this site. My goal for 2017 is to go beyond the computer screen and actually engage with others - sharing the Gospel and living it.
  5. Grow More: What good is learning if you aren't applying what you learned? My goal for 2017 is to continue to grow in the things of God by studying His Word, prayer, and application.

What are your goals for 2017? Let me know in the comments below!


SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment