Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Minor Setbacks

Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed in His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the Lord. Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light and your justice as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. - Psalm 37:3-7



Last year for this blog, The Maze, didn't end the way that I would have wanted. If you go back in time, the last post for 2017 was at the end of November. Usually in December I do a mini series on Christmas songs and hymns (or songs traditionally sung during the Christmas season), and that never happened. I had a few songs in mind, but nothing that drew me into creating the series for 2017. I at least wanted to publish some kind of end of year reflection post, but that turned into the New Year's 2018 post because I couldn't start working on it in time for it to be complete.

It seemed as if there was always some form of setback that kept getting in the way of what I wanted to do. For instance, I wanted to get better control over my health and fitness, and I feel that I did the complete opposite (I did workout, but nowhere near as much as I wanted/need to do and was used to doing)! Everything seemed to be going the opposite of what I had visioned!

The thing about trials and troubles is that our flesh, Satan and the world will have us believing that those experiences are negative, not important and that God is nowhere to be found in any of those circumstances. However, that's far from the truth. Everything that we go through is for a reason, and only a season. Our current circumstances don't define who we are in Christ, and it should change our view about God. Even on my worst day - in every way possible, God has been more than faithful, longsuffering and merciful to me, and that's something that for Him I will always praise (Psalm 100:4).

Our plans are not God's plans, and although things that we don't like and some things that we wish we didn't have to go through still occurs, remember that God is faithful. He is always good, especially when we far from Him (Romans 5:8), and His truth endures to all generations (Psalm 100:5).

Trust completely in Him.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment