Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Season of Thankfulness

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100: 4-5



Is it me, or did 2017 just go by lightning fast?!

I started 2017 with a kind of "bring it on" mentality and attitude, ready to face whatever the year would bring, but no one knows the future but God, and boy I didn't know I would be this stressed out! Trying to juggle professional, personal and social obligations, all the while trying to write on here and keep my sanity, can be quite demanding for anyone, but this year I just couldn't seem to get my bearings on everything that was coming at me all at once.

In the words of a caller I heard on the radio the other day, "never say 'bring it on', because anything - good or bad - can happen!"

Let's actually go back to the end of 2016 and review the goals that I had for 2017 (not in any particular order):

1. Read more: My goal was to read 10 books on Christian living (theology, doctrine, etc.), and I did read maybe 3?! I don't remember the exact number, but this goal still stands for me in 2018. I intend on doing mini book reviews along the way just to stay on track and a means of updates. Another goal is to completely read through the Bible in a year. I read through it in college, but it was more for academic studies and not for spiritual growth. 

2. Live more: I did get out more in 2017 beyond work, church and home, but barely! 2018 is already looking to be different - more traveling and more time to just enjoy quietness and being alone with God more.

3. Serve more: My goal for 2018 is to biblically steward my talents - that go beyond just writing - to share the Gospel. My talent of writing is good, but there are other talents that I have that should be used for God.

4. Grow more: This one ties a little into reading more, because my goal is to read through the Bible this year, but it even goes beyond that just reading through the Bible. I want to continue to grow in God's truths and apply them to my everyday life.

2017 was a humbling year because of all of the stress and business that was going on all the time. However, with everything that was going on, I saw how God was (and still is) teaching me to be faithful with the things He has given me in this season - to be thankful. No matter how crazy, I mean completely crazy your 2017 was, God is still faithful and is worthy of our praise.

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment